Job Description - Grant Writer
Work is performed under the broad direction of the Executive Director with majority of work done independently and under strict time constraints. Weekly reports maybe required. This position is sub-contracted with the possibility for full-time employment upon a 3 month evaluation. Opportunity to work from home, ‘Aha Kāne’s office or Ka Waiwai Collective. Pay to be determined based on qualifications and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelorʻs degree or related discipline and 3 years of experience.
- Profficent in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal comunication skills.
- Develope grant opportunities in areas of health, culture, land, human services, education, public affairs, community develeopment, etc.
- Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
- Creates revenue for projects and programs.
- Proven track record of grant writing and program development.
- May request supervision over other consultants hired for specific grant-writing purposes.
- Maintains and implements funding calendar activities.
- Understands ‘Aha Kāne’s history and programs.
- Valid Hawaii State Drivers License or able to be mobile when required.
- Participates in special projects and other tasks as needed and determined by the Executive Director and/or Board.
If you have an interest in this position please submit your most current resume, references and pay request to Executive Director, Keola Chan, keol[email protected]hakane.org.
‘Aha Kāne is an equal opportunity organization.