2006 ‘Aha Kāne Conference 3 DVD Set
Sessions included on Disc One:
- Conference Introduction Segment
- Kamana‘opono Crabbe - Conference Chair
- Billy Kenoi - Keynote Speaker
- Tommy Kaulukakui - Keynote Speaker
Sessions included on Disc Two:
- Mana Kia‘i: Hawaiian Male Leadership
- Panel discussion on how leadership can influence social-cultural change within our communities as well as inspire future leaders to perpetuate Hawaiian traditions and nationhood.
- I le‘a ka hula i ka ho‘opa‘a: The art of oli & hula
- Experts in oli and hula will discuss challenges Native Hawaiian kāne and our communities face with respect to cultural protocols, trends within hula, and importance in perpetuating these traditional arts.
Sessions included on Disc Three:
- Ho‘omana - Hawaiian Spirituality
- With a renewed interest in cultural practices speakers will share their experiences regarding challenges to balancing religious faiths with traditional customs and beliefs of spirituality.
- Moe Pu Iwi Kupnua
- Halealoha Ayau, of Hui Malama i na kupuna o Hawai‘i, and fellow cultural practicioners discuss the significance of perpetuating this tradition and preserving the mana and/or life spirit of our ancestors.